In the Diocese of Fall River the formation program leading to ordination to the Diaconate is a five-year program consisting of an initial period of intense discernment and study outside of a formal academic setting [ Aspirancy ], followed by four years of formation which encompasses the human, spiritual, academic and pastoral levels.
The schedule for the next class is as follows:
- Aspirancy Phase – April 7 through August 2015
- Classes begin - September 2015 (4 years - twice per week)
- Called to Candidacy – June 2016
- Order of Reader – June 2017
- Order of Acolyte – June 2018
- Ordination - 2019
Visit the 8th Class' Journey to Ordination pages for a good overview of the five year program.