His Excellency, the Most Reverend Edgar M. da Cunha,
Bishop of Fall River, has authorized the formation of a
new class for the formation of Permanent Deacons.
The Aspirancy Program
The Basic Norms of the Formation of Permanent Deacons (USCCB) describes the propaedeutic (preparation) period as a time during which the ‘aspirants will be introduced to a deeper knowledge of theology, of spirituality and of the ministry of deacon and they will be led to a more attentive discernment of their call.”
[ More on Aspirancy ]
The following sessions, constituting the Aspirancy Program of the Permanent Diaconate Program of the Fall River Diocese, have been designed to address these norms.
- Aspirancy sessions take place at St Mary’s in New Bedford.
- Aspirants and their wives (if married) are expected to attend all sessions; if illness or family/work obligations do not permit attendance at a session, the aspirant is asked to inform the Permanent Diaconate Office. (Tel. 508-995-3700)
- All sessions begin at 7:00 pm and end at 9:00 pm.
- Each session begins with Evening Prayer or a Communion Service at 6:30 pm.
- Presentations and discussions will take place in the parish center of St Mary’s, New Bedford, MA.
Session 1: Date: April 7. 2015
Session 2: Date : April 9, 2015
Session 3: Date: April 14, 2015
Session 4: Date: April 16, 2015
Session 5: Date: April 28, 2015
Session 6: Date: April 30, 2015
Session 7: Date: May 5, 2015
Session 8: Date: May 7, 2015
Session 9: Date: May 12, 2015
Session 10: Date: May 14, 2015
Session 11: Date: May 19, 2015
Session 12: Date: May 21, 2015
Session 13: Date: May 26, 2015